SUNDAY, November 9
Parade Step Off: 10:00am
Steps off in the Uptown Design District at Tachevah and Palm Canyon Dr. and travels south through downtown ending at the entrance to the Pride Festival at Amado Rd.
(The route officially ends at Amado and N. Palm Canyon Dr.)
Help carry the 300’ Rainbow Pride flag at the end of the Parade and walk directly into the Festival!
Three Reviewing Stands!
Enjoy Emcee commentary as parade contingents move along Palm Canyon Dr. and pass by official reviewing stands.
2 – Staging Area
Will be closed to local traffic at 7am Sunday, November 9. S. Palm Canyon Dr will be closed from Camino Paracella to W. Ramon Rd., W. Ramon Rd will be closed from S. Belardo Rd. to S. Indian Canyon Dr. Dr. Enter the parade staging area at Camino Paracella and S. Palm Canyon Dr.
3 – Step Off – Tachevah Dr
4 – Reviewing Stand – Mix 100.5 will be located near Hamburger Mary’s at 415 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
5 – Reviewing Stand – KDES will be near Trio at 707 N. Palm Canyon in Uptown.
6 – Reviewing Stand – The Deaf Pride reviewing stand will be near Amado and N. Palm Canyon Dr. and feature American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation.
7 – End of Parade – Amado and Palm Canyon Dr
8 – Dismantling Area – Indian Canyon just north of Amado. All parade contingents will dismantle in this area. Floats and vehicles can tear down and become street legal but must be out of traffic lanes when the parade ends and the street reopens to traffic. Please keep our city clean and take your trash with you.
There is plenty of parking in the downtown area. Please plan a little extra time as regular parking becomes scarce downtown as the start of the parade nears.
Consider parking away from Palm Canyon Dr. for both the Festival and Parade. A few suggestions that are only a 5 to ten minute walk from the action include:
· Park on E Amado Rd and adjacent side streets going toward the Convention Center
· Andreas toward Calle El Segundo
· 1/3 of of mile east of Palm Canyon on Tamarisk to Ruth Hardy Park
· 1/2 mile east of Palm Canyon on Tachevah to Katherine Finchey Elementary School
· Desert Fashion Plaza parking structure on Belardo RD.
· 275 S. Indian Canyon Dr. Drive (Downtown Parking Structure) – limited to two to three hours
· Prairie Schooner Parking Lot, corner of Calle El Segundo and Andreas, behind the Hilton Hotel, Palm Springs, CA 92262)
Banks of porta jons are located at:
· Palm Canyon Dr and N Via Las Palmas
· Palm Canyon Dr and E Alejo Rd
· 349 N Palm Canyon Dr (just south of Alibi Azul)
· Andreas and Palm Canyon,
· Tahquitz and Palm Canyon
· On Arenas between Palm Canyon and Indian Canyon
Restrooms available at:
· Trio Restaurant, 707 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
· Azul Restaurant, 369 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
· Hyatt Palm Springs, 285 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
· Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, 100 N. Palm Canyon Dr.
· Yogurt on Tap, 190 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
· IHop, 471 S. Indian Canyon Dr. Drive