Festival Event date Nov 3-4, 2018
Palm Springs Pride Festival
A premiere Pride event in Southern California
Downtown Palm Springs
The 2018 edition of the Palm Springs Pride Festival will feature a New Central Downtown Location in the heart of Palm Springs in addition to entertainment on Arenas Rd. and official event experiences throughout the city.
Located at 230 Museum Way (directly across from the Palm Springs Art Museum in the future Downtown Palm Springs public park space and adjoining streets), the Pride Festival combines exhibitors, multiple entertainment venues, activities, sponsor pavilions, a food court, the Palm Springs Pride merchandise store, and beverage lounges for two days of fun and celebration in the name of equality.
Entrance to the Festival is free and open to the public.
Friday, November 2 – Spirit of Stonewall Equality Concert on Arenas Road
- 6pm – 11pm, on Arenas Rd.
Saturday, November 3 – Pride Festival
- 11am – 8pm, Downtown Palm Springs and up to 11pm on Arenas Rd.
Sunday, November 4 – Pride Festival
- 11 am – 5pm, Downtown Palm Springs and up to 6pm on Arenas Rd.
Downtown Palm Springs is the setting for a vibrant, pedestrian friendly Pride Festival, unique to Southern California. A diverse array of artists, entertainers, multiple beverage gardens and purveyors of all sorts including, jewelry, snacks and sweets. Add all that to great shopping restaurants, clubs and entertainment venues located along world-famous Palm Canyon Drive and the result is like no place else – Palm Springs Pride.
The unique two-day pride festival is the largest LGBT gathering in the Coachella Valley. Beautiful downtown Palm Springs will serve as the gathering spot for friends, family and visitors from around the world to celebrate the diversity and unity of our community. The festival includes music stages, DJs, dancing in the streets, food vendors, exhibitors and non-profit organizations.
Free Admission for All.
You MUST be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Wristbands and ID will be required and checked for those drinking. Anyone without a valid wristband will not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages in any Festival beverage venue.
- Three Venues with multiple stages downtown for 100+ performances highlighting LGBT performers
- Downtown Stage on Museum Way, between Palm Canyon Dr. and Museum Dr
- Pride Stage, Presented by Desert AIDS Project, on Belardo Rd at E. Andreas
- Arenas Stage, Presented by US Bank, between Indian Canyon Dr. and S Calle Encilia on Arenas Rd
- Free entry to PSP Village the VIP lounge on Museum Way, DJs all weekend, and adult snow cones!
- Free Arenas Rd. Block Party on Saturday night
- A showcase for LGBT Artists
- Massive Bud Light Street Lounge on Arenas Rd and at the Museum Stage downtown
- ATM located in each garden and food court.
- Youth Zone by Safe Schools Desert Cities sponsored by Grace Helen Spearman Charitable Foundation
- Children’s Headquarters (CHQ)
- Recovery Oasis presented by Sober in the Sun
- HIV/AIDS testing by Get Tested Coachella Valley
- Art of Pride
- Food & Beverage booths
- 150 exhibitors and nonprofit organizations
- Bud Light draft & other Bud products
- Water and Soda available
· Children’s Headquarters – Families are invited to join us for arts and crafts and games at C-HQ. A playful place for children and accompanying adults. There will be hands on fun for you and your kids – from infants to pre-teen.
· Youth Zone – The hub for LGBT, questioning and ally youth at the Pride Festival! The Zone features space for relaxation, games, drawing, drag and make-up fun, free food and drink, great conversation, music, creative expression, prizes, gift bags, water, and shade from the sun. Hosted by Safe Schools Desert Cities and co-sponsored by Grace Helen Spearman Charitable Foundation and Palm Springs Pride.
The following rules will be in force during the Festival:
· No beverage containers, cans or bottles or outside alcohol is allowed into beverage gardens, and no open containers are allowed out.
· ALL persons over 21 who wish to purchase alcohol will have id checked.
· The Palm Springs city ordinance (11.10.040) prohibiting public nudity on public or private property open to view from any public area will be strictly enforced.