Rules and Regulations
For Pet Parade, Exhibitors, Vendors, Pride Parade Participants, and Access Credential Holders
Pet Pride –
- One pet per entry fee
- Each pet must be leashed, crated or suitably restrained
- Guardians of misbehaving or menacing pets may be asked to retire gracefully
- Guardians are required to clean up after their pet
- We recommend current shots/vaccinations & licensing
- Costume Contest
I own or have permission from the owner of my registered pet to participate in the Pet Pride Parade (“EVENT”) and have knowledge and can prove that my pet’s vaccination records are current. I hereby agree to be responsible for the actions of my pet and myself during the EVENT. In consideration and acceptance of this entry, I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, hereby waive and release Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. (“PRIDE”), and all other supporters, sponsors, its organizers and its promotional agencies their officers, agents, employees, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability arising out of my pet’s participation in the EVENT or arising out of the actions or omission of my pet or myself. I also further agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless PRIDE, and all other supporters, sponsors, its organizers and its promotional agencies their officers, agents, employees, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability, damage or expense. I have read and agree to the EVENT rules. I give permission to PRIDE and its affiliates to use my and the registered pet’s name, likeness, picture and recordings of us in any media and all media (on-line and off-line) in perpetuity for any commercial purpose. Pet participants are subject to the approval of PRIDE and the department of animal control based on appropriateness, temperament, and health.
Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. presents the annual Greater Palm Springs Pride Festival (hereinafter referred to as “Event”) for the public as an educational and entertainment event. It reserves all rights as producers, including the right to reject any application submitted to us at our sole discretion, without explanation.
Exhibitor / Vendor (hereinafter referred to as “Applicant”) understands that Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “GPSP”) has legal possession and control of the Event venue located in downtown Palm Springs on November 2-4, 2018 pursuant to agreements with the City of Palm Springs. The perimeter of the event consists of Indian Canyon Drive to the east and Belardo Road to the west.
Applicant further understands that the use granted by GPSP hereunder is a License to Occupy only, and is not coupled with an interest in the property; that GPSP retains the right to terminate this License to Occupy at any time during the term of Applicants use if, in GPSP’s sole determination: 1) Applicant creates a nuisance for GPSP, its other licensees, or its guests; 2) Applicant is found to have changed and/or added to the use described in this application; 3) Applicant is found to have falsified any of the statements contained in this application; 4) Applicant’s use of premises in any other way interferes with the orderly and successful conduct of the Event space or violates any government laws or ordinances.
In our continuous effort to make our event all-inclusive we encourage organizations and non-profit groups to contact our office if participation in our event is a hardship.
By reserving a booth Applicant agrees to comply with the following provisions:
- All business or other activity for which an Applicant has rented space must be conducted in Applicant’s designated area only. Expanding into aisles in any way is strictly prohibited by the City of Palm Springs fire marshal. This prohibition also applies to distribution or solicitation of any kind outside your booth and in the aisles. You must operate within your booth confines.
- There will be a limited number of “same kind” Applicants. Applicants must submit a list of primary and alternate selling items of a diverse category. In the event of an excessive number of “same-kind” item or services, GPSP reserves the right to refuse an applicant or limit items offered. This policy is to ensure successful exhibition and/or sales by all vendors and limit duplication.
- Third party participation is strictly prohibited. Only one entity per booth is permitted, without express written permission by GPSP. Sorry you cannot share space!
- Animals/pets are permitted within the Event area.
- Vendors selling for profit must pay for a “Special Event Business Permit” to operate in City of Palm Springs. This license fee must be added to your application. GPSP secures the license on behalf of all vendors. Do not contact the city directly.
- Non-profit Applicants that possess an IRS/State of California letter of determination under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code may be required to submit a copy of the organization’s IRS Letter of Determination.
- It is Applicant’s responsibility to deal with and pay appropriate State of California taxes and fees. GPSP is required to submit a list of all participating Applicants to the State Board of Equalization, including their actual sales tax number.
- SPACE ALLOCATION USE: Exhibitor and its agents shall confine presentation to the specified location and space size as set forth in its application and space permit. It shall not construct or place any material of any kind that extends beyond the confines of the allocated space. Exhibitor understands that this application is FOR SPACE ONLY unless requested. Exhibitor will provide everything else such as booth structure, chairs, tables, etc. Amplified sound equipment, including but not limited to stereos, loudspeakers, and bullhorns, of any kind are NOT permitted. Additionally, Exhibitor shall not bring ATMs on site but may use hand-held credit card machines that function on cell phone technology.
- Merchants’ windows may not be obscured at any time by vendors’ boards, banners or other large displays or equipment. Vendors are not allowed to prop up or hang any merchandise on any wall, building or trees along the street.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed or sold within a booth.
- GPSP shall provide maximum visibility and access to merchant businesses that remain open during EVENT hours. Therefore, a vendor’s booth height will be a major consideration in booth space allocation. Proposed increases in a vendor’s booth height may require booth relocation. Contact GPSP if your booth will exceed a standard 10’ x 10’ pop up tent with overall height maximum of 8’.
- Please insure that booth signage MUST be confined to and attached to the booth only. Signage may not extend beyond the booth in any direction over two (2) feet.
- No free standing signs placed more than two (2) feet from your booth.
- Unless you purchased a 10′ x 10′, the dimensions of the space allocated to each vendor are sixteen (16) feet wide by twelve (12) feet deep measured out from the curb. Vendors shall not move into the middle of the street with their booths, which is in violation of health and safety regulations.
- All trailers shall fit within the existing EVENT booth dimensions of sixteen (16) feet wide and twelve (12) feet from the curb. One (1) additional booth space may be purchased to accommodate a trailer creating a space that is thirty-two (32) feet wide and twelve (12) feet from the curb. Trailers should be clean and must present an attractive, professional image consistent with the goals and purpose of EVENT.
- Vendors must stay within their assigned spaces and out of fire lanes at all times. It is the vendor’s responsibility to be aware of the fire lanes, as specified by the GPSP Coordinator.
- All cardboard must be flattened and brought to trash collection locations. No trash shall remain after an Applicant has left the venue. In the case that there is refuse left behind, GPSP will document the refuse (by way of digital camera) and a cleaning fee of $50 shall be charged to the Applicant.
- Rentals (canopy, tables, chairs) are the responsibility of the Applicant. Applicant agrees to return rental items in good condition at the conclusion of the event. Applicant shall be liable for all damages to or loss of the rental items and liability incurred prior to rental items return to GPSP.
- No person shall deface or otherwise abuse the downtown buildings, plants or landscape.
- Power cords must be completely taped down to limit the liability for the vendor and conform to City safety requirements. Power must be supplied from public light poles rather than private connections. These power poles have a maximum limit of two (2) amps per vendor. Should a vendor’s connection cause consistent power outages, the vendor shall be required to redesign his/her power needs to be self sustaining and utilize the power poles for lighting ONLY. No halogen lights are allowed; ONLY incandescent and fluorescent lights are allowed.
- If required, extra electric must be purchased before the event. Going over the provided or ordered electric is cause for forfeiture of deposit. All cooking and/or electrical appliances must conform to the UNIFORM FIRE CODE of the City of Palm Springs Fire Department.
- I/We also understand two amps (240 watts) per vendor electrical service is only provided if included on the space order form. See exhibitor e-packet for hours electrical service will be running. If continuous electrical service is required, it must be ordered and paid for by October 1. No overnight service is provided.
- If you require more than 2 amps (240 watts) and are on Palm Canyon Dr, you will need to purchase power with your booth/space. No power is provided on Arenas between Palm Canyon and Indian Canyon Dr unless ordered. Any additional electrical service requires approval and placement near generators.
- All Applicants are required to be open by posted event hours daily and remain open with their booths staffed until closing both days of the Event. Any Applicant that fails to comply with this provision shall forfeit its security deposit and could be subject to expulsion and forfeiture of fees paid.
- Sound / sound systems are not permitted to be audible more than 20 feet from your booth.
- Volunteers / staff for booth are the Applicant’s responsibility. Please provide your staff / volunteers with a weekend telephone number in case they need to locate you or if they have problems.
- Applicant must be aware that possibly offensive material or products CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED. The City of Palm Springs does not allow display of photographs, drawings, or sculptures or products exhibiting frontal nudity or genitalia.
- Nudity & obscenity will not be permitted as defined by California State Code, title 17.04.480. It is against the law to appear nude in public or to be exposed in a manner determined to be lewd, lascivious, and/or obscene, City ordinance (11.100.040). Violators of these laws will be barred from participating in the Festival and could be subject to citation or arrest from the Palm Springs Police Department.
- No weapons of any kind can be sold at this event, which include but not limited to knives, swords, guns, etc.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE in the amount of $1,000,000.00 naming Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc as co-insured and are required to provide proof of such insurance. A copy of your current/active certificate of Insurance must be submitted to Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. no later than September 30 of the applicable year.
- GPSP provides only limited overnight security and assumes no liability for property or equipment left on Event grounds. Applicants may leave items in their space overnight but GPSP accepts no responsibility for the security of said items. Additionally, we suggest you cover all materials overnight & drape a tarp on the front of your booth.
- Non-Food APPLICANTS may NOT give away or sell any food product. No beverages including sodas and bottled water may be sold or given away from any vendor booth without the express written consent from GPSP. Violation of this rule as with any rule will result in immediate closure without refund or recourse.
- Booth fees are NON-REFUNDABLE unless GPSP receives cancellation IN WRITING no later than September 30, of the applicable year. No booth fees will refunded after this date. There is a $100 cancellation fee for cancellation prior to September 30.
- Payments received by GPSP are applied first to any outstanding fees due, unpaid applications, NSF / bank fees, then to other charges on your account.
- A fee of $30 will be charged for all NSF or stop payment checks.
- GPSP is planning what we hope will be a fabulous Event. We hope it will prove to be a fun and profitable experience for you, however, we cannot and do not guarantee your sales or profits. GPSP does not promise Applicant a specific or estimated number of attendees at the event.
- Street Closure; Parking
- When loading in, Vendors must park as close to your space as possible to allow an unobstructed flow for other vehicles in the traffic lanes. Vendor vehicles must be unloaded and parked outside of the event perimeter by 9am daily. Vendors on Palm Canyon Drive must be cleared off the street NO LATER THAN 11:00 PM on November 3 and 6:00 PM on November 4. A vendor shall be fined Fifty Dollars ($50) if his/her setup is not complete at the start of the event or he/she closes down before the end of the event. A vendor shall receive one (1) Vendor Access Pass for his/her vehicle. The Vendor Pass must be displayed in the vehicle’s front windshield to gain entry to the EVENT for load in and load out.
- Vendors shall only be allowed to enter the event from the intersections of Amado Road at Palm Canyon Drive, and Tahquitz Canyon Way and Arenas Road at Indian Canyon. Vendor vehicles must head SOUTH ONLY on Palm Canyon Drive at all times when entering and leaving the event. Citations shall be issued to violators of these rules.
- Vendors and their employees shall park outside of the event perimeter.
- No vendor shall bring his/her vehicle onto the street from the time the event has started until the time it ends.
- Vendors must not, at any time, move any traffic control devices, such as barricades, signs or delineators. Citations shall be issued to violators of these rules.
- Health, Fire and Police Regulations
- Cooperation with the local health, fire and police department is essential. Vendors must be aware of and comply with code requirements. Only pedestrian traffic will be permitted in the fire lanes. Specific questions regarding the interpretation of codes should be directed to the appropriate agency.
- The EVENT Coordinator must first approve any furniture or equipment to be used within the assigned booth space. Any drapes, curtains, drops, or decorative materials must be treated with a flame retardant in accordance with Palm Springs Fire Department regulations. Any vendor selling combustible products or doing open-air cooking must provide a working fire extinguisher (2A 10 BC type).
- All use of propane in conjunction with cooking or heating must be pre-approved by the Palm Springs Fire Department before a permit can be issued.
- GPSP presents the annual Pride Weekend Celebration for the public as an educational and entertainment event and reserves all rights as producers. Any reproduction, broadcast, or commercial use of any portion of the event, in any form without explicit written consent of GPSP is strictly prohibited. GPSP may, at its discretion, film, photocopy or tape any and all portions of the Event for commercial use. By attending, participating and or by submitting this application you grant permission to utilize your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the Event in any medium or context without further authorization or compensation.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc., City of Palm Springs, County of Riverside, State of California, any and all sponsors of Greater Palm Springs Pride and their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, representatives, servants, volunteers, and assigns, and each of them, from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, losses (including lost, damaged, or stolen Applicant property), liabilities, obligations, judgments, liens, indebtedness, costs, attorney fees, injuries or others, claims, which form the basis of pending litigation and demands of whatever kind or character which may result and/or arise from my operation of said Applicant, vendor, or food booth.
- The Event is a rain or shine event. The Applicant agrees that in the event of acts of God, storms, floods, high winds that neither GPSP nor any of its employees or agents shall not be responsible for loss, damage, third party damages, claims or loss to property, persons or vessels.
- The Event will not be canceled less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date, except for extreme weather, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond GPSP’s control. In the event that cancellation of the event is caused by an “act of God” e.g., earthquake, storm, flood, or fire or even acts of terrorism or riots, embargo, sabotage, flood, accident, fire, explosion, or due to compliance with an order of a court, an arbitrator, or government agency, Applicant shall not be entitled to a refund of sums paid to GPSP. GPSP will not be held liable to Applicant for any other damages.
- GPSP reserves the right to refuse any Exhibitor’s participation in the EVENT at any time and for any reason. Acceptance of payment does not constitute acceptance of the Exhibitor’s application. Rejected Exhibitors will receive a full refund no sooner than October 15. GPSP may eject an Exhibitor from the EVENT with no reentry, and such Exhibitors will not receive a refund.
- GPSP shall have no liability whatsoever for damage, of any nature, to any person, matter, or thing resulting from storm wind or water, or other acts of God, or imminent threat thereof, nor from fire, strikes, lockouts or a third party.
- Vendor shall be an independent contractor. The relationship between Vendor and GPSP does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or employee/employer relationship between the parties for any purpose, including, but not limited to, taxes or employee benefits. Vendor will be solely responsible for payment of any and all wages, taxes, and insurance. This relationship shall not constitute a partnership between or joint venture by the parties or make either party the agent of the other. Neither party shall hold itself out otherwise nor shall either party become liable by any representation, act or omission of the other contrary to these provisions.
- Applicant is responsible for workers compensation coverage for your staff.
- This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements entered into and fully performed in California. If any provision is deemed to be unenforceable as written it shall be modified so as to make it in its general interest, enforceable and as so modified shall form part of this Agreement. This Agreement and the schedules, exhibits and attachments constitute the entire agreement between the parties on this subject matter.
- Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, shall either party or its affiliates or its suppliers or resellers be liable to the other party for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, personal injury, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, work stoppage, or any and all other commercial damages or losses, even if a party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS PERTAIN TO FOOD VENDORS ONLY:
- All food concession vendors must be prepared to keep all food stored inside their allotted tent space and off the ground. All cooking or electrical appliances must conform to the UNIFORM FIRE CODE of the City of Palm Springs Fire Department.
- Hand-washing facilities approved by the Riverside County Department of Environmental Health must be provided within the temporary food facilities.
- Food service equipment shall be equipped with tight fitting closures to prevent the entrance of insects. These screens must be three-sided.
- Facilities for sanitary disposal of all liquid waste are required and subject to the approval of the Riverside County Department of Environmental Health.
- All condiments are to be individually wrapped or dispensed from sanitary pour, pump or squeeze type devices.
- Vendor and its agents shall not sell or give away or otherwise distribute any product, food, drink or other item that is not specified in the Applicant’s application. Violation of this rule will result in immediate closure without refund or recourse. A complete menu with prices of items you intend to serve must be provided with application.
- All concessions dealing with food items are required to obtain a County of Riverside Health Department permit. The fee for this is included in the booth fee and GPSP will procure this permit for you. Also required is a Special Event Selling Permit from the City of Palm Springs. This permit fee and its administration is included in your booth fee. There is no need for you to contact the County of Riverside or City of Palm Springs. GPSP will furnish both of these requirements for you.
- Due to Health Department regulations, all food must be prepared on the Event site, unless the food concession vendor has a special food-catering license with the County of Riverside Health Department. Food may be prepared off the Event site only in controlled environments, under the guidance of the Health Department.
- Food concession vendors using heat to cook with, and/or open flames, must cook in the open air, and not under a tent. The City of Palm Springs fire marshal requires there to be open space adjacent to the rented 10-foot concession tent for cooking. All prep and sales must be conducted from inside the approved 10×10 tent.
- Vendor and its agents shall confine its booth to the specified location and space size as set forth in its application and booth space permit. It shall not construct or place any material of any kind that extends beyond the confines of the allocated space.
- Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item, but may not attach to site decorations or sets.
- All food vendors using heat and/or open flames must: a) provide fireproof containers for discarding ashes; b) provide one visibly mounted fire extinguisher rated A or B.
- Food concession vendors must control drainage and/or condensation.
- Food waste must be disposed of in the Applicant’s trash receptacles and then dumped into the large dumpsters provided. Vendor shall provide two (2) forty (40) gallon receptacles for public refuse and one (1) employee to empty trash into the dumpsters during the Event. The area around the food booth MUST be kept clean at all times! Food vendors may not utilize the standard Event trash containers. All trash or debris from your booth and surrounding area is to be removed before leaving the EVENT.
- Running water is NOT provided. Food concession vendors must provide appropriate cleaning materials.
- Please insure that booth signage MUST be confined to and attached to the booth only. Signage may not extend beyond the booth in any direction over two (2) feet.
Parade Entrant Rules & Regulations
Greater Palm Springs Pride (GPSP) presents the annual Greater Palm Springs Pride Parade for the public as an educational and entertainment event. It reserves all rights as producers, including the right to reject any application submitted to us at our sole discretion, without explanation. Any reproduction, broadcast, or commercial use of any portion of the event, in whole or in part, in any form, without explicit prior written consent of Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. is prohibited. GPSP may, at its discretion, film, photocopy or tape any and all portions of the parade for commercial use.
In our continuous effort to make our event all-inclusive we encourage non-profit organizations to contact our office if participation in the parade creates a financial hardship.
Due to space and time limitations early registration is suggested.
Please read and agree to the following rules prior to submitting an application:
1) The City of Palm Springs local ordinances require that there be no nudity (no exposure of genitals, buttocks or breasts), per City ordinance (11.100.040).
2) City ordinances will be strictly enforced.
3) No articles WHATSOEVER may be thrown from any parade units during the procession. You are allowed to hand distribute items at the curb line only.
4) Floats/trailers/vehicles with decorations are required by the City to carry a fire extinguisher (2A 10 BC).
5) Floats / decorations must be constructed of non-flammable materials.
6) NO THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF GREATER PALM SPRINGS PRIDE, INC.
7) All contingents are prohibited from performing weaving or circular maneuvers. The line of march is forward only.
8) In order to expedite the cohesiveness of the parade, ALL flags must be carried on a staff or banner style. No flags may be carried horizontal to the ground.
9) Proof of Liability Insurance must be received no later than October 1. If we are not in possession of this item you will not be allowed participation in the parade.
10) ALL PARADE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED WITH PAYMENT IN FULL
11) All units must check-in between 7:00 AM and 9:00AM. Float finishing touches can be done in staging area. Check-in times will be assigned prior to parade weekend.
12) Drugs and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in the entire pre-parade assembly area, as well as on the parade route. Participants who are found to have any drugs or alcohol in their possession or found to be under the influence, will be removed and their unit. Please discourage your participants from consuming any alcohol or drugs prior to or during the parade.
13) All Equestrian entries must provide proof of Equine Insurance.
14) Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE unless GPSP receives cancellation IN WRITING no later than September 30, of the applicable year. No fees refunded after this date. There is a $100 cancellation fee at all times.
15) NO DAY OF PARADE ENTREES ALLOWED.
Failure to comply with the rules as stated will result in your removal from the parade, and endanger your entry in future parades.
Parade Credentials (May or May not be Granted for any given year)
Bearer of an Access Credential Agrees to the Following:
One credential per person is required. Be responsible for having a valid CA Board of Equalization Seller’s Permit. Use, sale or giving away alcoholic beverages of any kind, is strictly prohibited. No adult themed items will be sold. By using this credential, I understand that the use granted by PSPride hereunder is a LICENSE TO OCCUPY only, and is not coupled with an interest in the property; that PSPride retains the right to terminate this LICENSE TO OCCUPY at any time during the term of applicants use if, in PSPride’s sole determination: 1) Applicant creates a nuisance for PSPride, its other licensees, or its guests; 2) Applicant’s use of premises in any other way interferes with the orderly and successful conduct of the parade or violates any government laws or ordinances; 3) I will protect, hold harmless & indemnify Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc., dba Palm Springs Pride, City of Palm Springs, and its sponsors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims or liability for losses, injury or damages of any type arising out of or resulting from or in connection with work, activities or participation in the PSPride events. Palm Springs Pride, City of Palm Springs, and Sponsors are not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen property. In the event of litigation, costs and attorney fee’s to prevailing party.
All sales must end at the end of the parade (Approx 12:00pm on Sunday, November 4, 2018)
VALID Sunday, November 4, 2018 from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR RECORDS
Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc329 W. Mariscal Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92262