Wednesday, May 15, 2019
9:30-11:00 am (Registration begins at 8:30am, Program begins at 9:30am sharp)
Palm Springs Convention Center, 277 N. Avenida Caballeros
Open to all – this event is for individuals, businesses, interfaith groups, civic officials and nonprofit organizations.
What do we do?
This essential community event seeks to bring together all who support equality and justice to celebrate the memory of Harvey Milk, an influential civil rights activist.
Why do we do it?
The breakfast will honor the memory of Harvey Milk, an American hero, and strengthen coalitions among the many diverse community organizations that support justice and equality for all individuals.
The breakfast has a significant impact on the youth that attend. Our goal is to bring at least 200 high school students to the breakfast. In the last three years, Palm Springs Pride has provided $82,484 in financial resources to Coachella Valley Gay-Straight Alliance organizations and youth related programs to assist students and school advisors at the grassroots level. This is the largest donation ever made through the Greater Palm Springs Pride Youth Fund in support of Coachella Valley LGBTQ youth. Almost all of the funds were raised through the Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast.
Programming made possible by the Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast includes:
- empowering youth to educate their schools and communities on key issues important to the students,
- supporting peer mobilization efforts,
- grassroots work to create safer schools and healthier communities for LGBTQ youth,
- advocating for just policies that protect LGBTQ youth from harassment and violence, and, in the spirit of Harvey Milk,
- We believe in providing resources for students to organize in coalition with other youth groups across identity lines to address broader issues of oppression and sometimes to just have a little fun!
In today’s political climate maybe more so than ever before we are guided by Harvey Milk’s dream for a better tomorrow. Our common vision of an equal and just world without hate serves as the foundation for the annual Coachella Valley Harvey Milk Diversity Breakfast.
Tickets for the event are available in various levels (service fee applies when purchasing online. Harvey Milk Ticket Order Form 2019):
- $65 Advance General Admission (includes breakfast)
- $56 Donate a ticket to support the Pride Gay Straight Alliance Fund and send a student to the breakfast.(100% charitable donation) A table of ten students can be sponsored for $560.
- $650 Co-Sponsor Table (includes table for ten and co-sponsor listing in printed program / $90 is a charitable contribution) Click here to order by Mail)
- $1,000 Bronze Sponsor (includes table for ten and co-sponsor listing, proportional logo in printed program and name on table sign $440 is a charitable contribution) Click here to order by Mail)
- $2,500 Silver Sponsor (includes one preferred table for ten, co-sponsor listing, proportional logo in printed program and name on table sign $1,940 is a charitable contribution) Click here to order by Mail)
- $5,000 Gold Sponsorships and $10,000 Platinum Sponsorships are also available.
ABOUT HARVEY MILK
When he was elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1977, Harvey Milk (1930- 1978) became one of the first openly gay men to be elected to political office in the United States. On election night, Harvey Milk reminded his supporters: “This is not my victory – it’s yours. If a gay man can win, it proves that there is hope for all minorities who are willing to fight.” He was assassinated (along with Mayor George Moscone) on November 27, 1978, only eleven months after taking office. Although he did not live to see his dreams fulfilled, the example of his life and leadership has made him an important national symbol for the struggle for human rights.
Proceeds benefit Coachella Valley youth through Gay-Straight Alliance clubs and LGBT youth related programs.
For more information call 760-416-8711 or email [email protected]
- Be a Sponsor. Email us at Milk (at) pspride.org