Be a part of the Pride Organizing Committee
Members of the Pride Committee take on individual responsibility for directing and overseeing the production of Pride program. They are assisted by numerous administrative and event volunteers, and contractors. Some positions require more work than others but one thing is true for all positions, they require a passion for Pride and people willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
The Greater Palm Springs Pride Committee meets regularly to plan, publicize, support, and coordinate events that support, educate and celebrate our gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and allies community of the Coachella Valley. Everyone can help!
Nearly all the work of Greater Palm Springs Pride is done by volunteers. Would you like to get involved? We’d love to have you join us. If you’d like to be part of the fun and take on an area of responsibility, we invite you to join the Pride Committee. You’ll meet some terrific people and have fun getting involved in your community.
We can’t do it without your help!
The Pride Committee is comprised of variety of talented individuals including students, retirees, professionals, and individuals with experience and expertise in a wide variety of trade areas. Volunteers share the common interest of raising awareness to advance equal rights and acceptance.
We are working for LGBTQ rights locally and globally. If you are interested in joining the committee, please submit the application below. All residents of the Coachella Valley are invited. The 2017 committee members will serve through the end of December 2017.
Some volunteers will have major responsibilities and other positions will have limited involvement surrounding the event itself.
We are seeking Volunteers to help manage key production activity or who have experience with:
- Parade Set-Up / Breakdown
- Parade Route Organizers
- Entry Gate coordinators (Manage teams at entry gates to give direction and collect donations)
- Festival Load In (be part of team that loads in)
- Festival Operations Coordinators Set-Up / Tear-down
- Operations Compound Manager
- Festival Load In (be part of team that loads in
- Communications Coordinator
- Sign Coordinator
- Transportation Coordinator – – Festival Artists and VIP guests
- Info Tent Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Marketing Director
- Postering and Flyer Distribution / Street Team
- Magazine Distribution
- Pride iPhone APP Coordinator –
- Social Media Coordinator
- Photography Coordinator –
- Event Photographer
- Video Production b-roll for web commercials
- Drone footage
- Beverage Manager
- Supervisors for Beverage Gardens
- Parade Staging / set up
- Parade Set-Up / Breakdown (pop up tents, reviewing stands, water)
- Parade Zone Supervisors
- Parade Route Organizers (Parade Marshals)
- Parade Dismantle
- Parade Float Operations Manager
- Balloon Coordinators
- Exhibitor Relations Manager
- Exhibitor Relations Support
- Entertainment Director
- Arenas Stage Manager
- Tahquitz Stage Manager
- Arenas Asst. Stage Managers
- Pride State Asst. Stage Managers
- Tahquitz Asst. Stage Managers
- Arenas Green Room / Back Stage Coordinator
- Tahquitz Green Room / Back Stage Coordinator
- Pride Green Room / Back Stage Coordinator
- Spotlight Operator