Parade Entrant Rules & Regulations
Greater Palm Springs Pride presents the annual Greater Palm Springs Pride Parade for the public as an educational and entertainment event. It reserves all rights as producers, including the right to reject any application submitted to us at our sole discretion, without explanation. Any reproduction, broadcast, or commercial use of any portion of the event, in whole or in part, in any form, without explicit prior written consent of Greater Palm Springs Pride, Inc. is prohibited.
In our continuous effort to make our event all-inclusive we encourage organizations and non-profit groups to contact our office if participation in the parade causes a financial hardship.
Due to space and time limitations early registration is suggested.
Please read the following rules prior to obtaining a parade entry.
- The City of Palm Springs local ordinances require that there be no nudity (no exposure of genitals, buttocks or breasts), per City ordinance (11.100.040).
- No articles WHATSOEVER may be thrown from any parade entries during the procession. You are allowed to hand distribute items at the curb line only. These City ordinances will be strictly enforced. Failure to comply with the rules as stated will result in your removal from the parade, and endanger your entry in future parades.
- NO THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF GREATER PALM SPRINGS PRIDE, INC.
- In order to expedite the cohesiveness of the parade, ALL flags must be carried on a staff or banner style.
- Proof Of Liability Insurance must be received no later than October 1. If we are not in possession of this item you will not be allowed participation in the parade.
- All units must check-in between 7:00 AM and 9:00AM (Float finishing touches can be done in staging area. 7:00 AM arrival recommended).
- Three wheeled vehicles/bikes are not permitted without written consent.
- All Equestrian entries must complete an Equine Insurance Agreement.
Please include the commentary (Fifty words or less) you would like to have announced as your parade contingent passes the reviewing stands on a separate sheet to be included with your return application pkg.
No commentary equals no announcement.
Please note: All floats/trailers are required by the City to carry a fire extinguisher (2A 10 BC). Also, all floats must be constructed of non-flammable materials. All contingents are prohibited from performing weaving or circular maneuvers.
NO DAY OF PARADE ENTREES ALLOWED.
APPLICATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE IS October 1